Dream body Fitness knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This policy describes the types of personal information that we may collect about you, the purposes for which we use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps that we take to safeguard the information to protect your privacy.
- Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Dream Body Fitness is controlled by Dream Body Fitness (Pty) Limited, whose registered office is at The Core, Cnr Leeukop & Kikuyu Rd, Sunninghill, 2191, Gauteng, South Africa. A number of suppliers act as data processors on behalf of us from time to time.
- What personal information does Dream Body Fitness collect?
The information we collect from our members help us to continually improve your experience at Dream Body Fitness. This personal information may include – your name and contact information; ID/passport number; date of birth; preferred communication methods; bank details and credit card details. We also create information that becomes part of the personal information we hold about you, such as your membership number and your usage of the club.
We also collect the following information:
- Special personal information
The term “special personal information” in this context refers to information relating to your religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origin, trade union membership, political opinions, health, sexual life or criminal behaviour. Whilst we do not generally collect special personal information unless it is volunteered by you, we do specifically collect health data to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for physical exercise. We will use health information provided by you exclusively to serve you better and meet your particular needs. By providing this information to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this policy.
- Personal information about children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children (under 18 years of age) without the permission of their parent or guardian. As a parent or guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
- Contacting us via our Website or otherwise
When you use the http://www.dreambodyfitness.co.za website (our “Site”) or contact us by post, telephone, email, or SMS, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, fax, email and mobile phone number as well as traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We use CCTV in our club for health and security reasons. It’s a live feed and not recorded. If you have any queries in relation to the use of CCTV operating in and around our club please contact us.
We may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes from time to time, although you do not have to respond to them.
- What do we do with the personal information collected from you?
- We use personal information to provide the services you request from Dream Body Fitness such as to facilitate staff administration, administration of your membership, facilitate bookings of classes and appointments with our own or third-party service providers and other transactions. We may also use the information to advertise products and services, to process payments and maintain accounts and records, to prevent crime and aid in the prosecution of offenders, and to administer and maintain membership records. In addition, we use this information to improve our membership and customer services platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- We also use your details to send you newsletters and promotions, and to conduct online surveys or surveys by telephone; prize draws; competitions and other promotions via email, telephone or post. We will also use the information in the course of collecting your membership fees and any other payments that may be due to us from you. If you apply for employment at Dream Body Fitness, we use the personal information you supply to process your job application.
- We continuously profile and assess our membership database in order to improve the service offering provided to members and/or to better align ourselves with business partners. As a result, we use your personal information to share it with existing and potential business partners and third parties in order to identify mutual commercial opportunities with such business partner or third party, and/or improve the service offering to you. Information is shared on a confidential basis, and unless you have consented otherwise, under no circumstances is the business partner or third party entitled to make any communication to you, or make any further transmission of the information, as a result of the personal information we avail to them. Each transmission of the personal information differs, but is specific to the particular information share exercise undertaken.
- What about cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to automatically collect information from your computer such as your IP address and other details about your computer which are automatically collected by our web server, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Site.
- Does Dream Body Fitness share the information it receives?
- Information about our members is an important part of our business and we do not sell it to others. Dream Body Fitness shares member information only as described below.
- Third Party Service Providers
- Online advertising
Dream Body Fitness South Africa engages third parties that help it deliver its banner advertisements and other online communications. The third parties may collect and use information about Dream Body Fitness Club South Africa’s customers to help us understand the offers, promotions, and types of advertising that are most appealing to its customers. The personal information they collect is aggregated and cannot be linked to a person.
- Third party vendors, including but not limited to Google, DoubleClick and Programmatic Buying, show Dream Body Fitness South Africa’s ads on sites on the internet.
- Promotional Offers
Sometimes we send offers to members on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please let us know in writing.
- Business Transfers
- Protection of Dream body Fitness and others
With your consent, other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- How secure is information about me?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- What about links to other websites?
- Our site may include links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
- What choice do I have?
- Notices and revisions
INFORMATION COLLECTION & USE
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.